|Gallery | Relationship | Quotes|
|Other Names||Ju-kun by Hatoko Kushikawa|
Stupid brother by Machi Andō (once)
An-san by Chifuyu Himeki (once)
Darling by Mirei Kudō (Only in episode 2)
|Alias||Guiltia Sin Jurai|
17 (Second Arc)
|Relatives||Machi Andō (older sister) unnamed father|
|School||Senkō Private High School|
|Anime debut||Episode 1|
|Manga debut||Chapter 1|
|Japanese voice||Nobuhiko Okamoto|
|English voice||Mateo Mpinduzi-Mott|
Jurai Andō (
Andō is a handsome and tall young man. He has unruly black hair and his eye color is teal. His usual clothing is his school uniform, red coat, white shirt, blue tie, white pants and light brown shoes. He sometimes pulls up the sleeve of his clothing on his right arm to the elbow whenever he uses his ability.
Andō is a extremely stupid boy and due to his chuunibyou or NPD, he often falls into a world of his own making and he is the most annoying out of all of them but he has NO CLUE that some of the girls like him
. It is revealed that he was inspired to continue his delusional lifestyle in middle school by a certain silver-haired girl with glasses, which was later revealed to be Tomoyo.
Because of this, he has developed a very carefree personality that can often accept other peoples faults without much trouble. When he gained his superpower, he was excited, saying and even though it didn't do much, he still loved it all the same, because every guy wants one. Though, he does get depressed when others point out how useless his power is.
Also, Andō is caring, kind and generally understanding of situations, making the girls in the club being attracted to him, even Mirei and Madoka, and he always tries to pep up his friends, whenever they are sad.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Andō's right hand has a special power, which is a black blaze that is "darkness" itself. It is not actually hot (described as lukewarm), not able to burn anything and is not very reliable.
Dark and Dark of the End/Inferno Gate: MaximumEdit
- This is the secondary stage of Dark and Dark. This version of his superpower, which is hot unlike the first stage (which was described as 'lukewarm'). This burns everything, including the user and it can't be put out by anything.
- The person that spends the most time with Andō is Hatoko Kushikawa.
- He is quite bad at cooking.
- He is not allowed to buy his own clothing. Most likely due to his semi-delusional personality.
- In terms of personality, Andō is very similar to Yūta Togashi from Love, Chūnibyō, and Other Delusions. Both had Chūnibyō in some point of their lives, and their personas involved manipulating a dark flame. On a side note, both have eyes of green shade.
- On his light novel character profile, Andō's blood type is revealed as "King Type" (
王 型, Ō-gata) which is crossed off and replacing for "O Type" ( Ｏ 型Ō-gata) as "King Type" is not a real blood type. This is pun on Japanese word for "King" and English letter "O" as they sound the same in Japanese.
- On the light novels, Jurai sometimes mentions some events that took place in the anime series which were not present in the light novel series, breaking the fourth wall in the process.
- ↑ Official Anime Site
- ↑ Episode 2
- ↑ Character Profile
- ↑ Character Profile
- ↑ Chūnibyō (Definition)
- ↑ Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- ↑ Episode 1
- ↑ Episode 7
- ↑ Episode 12
- ↑ It was mentioned on his light novel character profile.
|Senkō Private High School||Students:|
Jurai Andō • Tomoyo Kanzaki • Hatoko Kushikawa • Sayumi Takanashi • Mirei Kudō • Shizumu Sagami
Mirei Kudō (president)
|Literature Club||Jurai Andō • Tomoyo Kanzaki • Hatoko Kushikawa • Sayumi Takanashi (president) • Chifuyu Himeki • Shiharu Satomi (adviser)|
|Fallen Black||Hajime Kiryū (leader) • Hitomi Saitō • Reatier • Yanagi Akutagawa • Fantasia Yusano • Shūgo Toki • Umeko Tanaka • Aki Natsu • Tamaki Hinoemata|
|Elementary School||Chifuyu Himeki • Madoka Kuki|
|Other||Naoe Hagiura • Tōhei Yukawa • Maiya Takanashi • Machi Andō|